BOB & DIANE FUND ANNUAL GRANT
Entry Rules and Submission Requirements
Established in 2016, the Bob and Diane Fund supports visual storytelling that documents Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
Gina Martin founded this nonprofit in honor of her parents Bob and Diane Martin. High school sweethearts, married 49 years. Diane died of Alzheimer’s in 2011 and Bob, her loyal caregiver died 3 months later.
This annual grant supports the completion, publication, exhibition and/or screening of photography and/or multimedia work with funding in the amount of $5,000 USD. The grantee will be announced in mid-November during National Caregiver’s Month.
- Submission period commences August 15, 2017.
- The application deadline is October 23, 2017, 11:59pm EST
- There is no entry fee
- Submit 500-750 word essay in English describing the project, why this work is important to you and how you see the grant helping you complete the project. Name the file with your initials and proposal at end (ex: GMM_Proposal)
- Submit 15-25 images (black/white or color).
Name the file with your initials and number each image at end (ex: GMM_01, GMM_02)
Files: 72dpi, RGB, 3000 pixels on the long side, jpegs, caption each image (do not include photographer's name in the captions).
- Submit bio and/or CV in English as PDF not to exceed 2 pages. Please be sure to include an email and phone number. Name the file with your initials and Bio at end (ex: GMM_Bio)
- Place essay, images and bio into a ZIP folder labeled with your initials and upload to this Dropbox folder.
When is that deadline?
The application deadline is October 23, 2017, 11:59pm EST
What is the theme of the grant?
The project may encompass any angle related to Alzheimer’s disease or dementia – care, treatment, recovery, science, etc.
When will the winner be announced?
The winner will be announced in mid-November (National Caregiver’s Month).
Are there restrictions on how the grant money can be spent?
The grant money shall be used to finish, publish, exhibit and/or screen the submitted work.
When will grant winner receive the funds?
The entire grant will be awarded within two weeks of announcement.
Who can apply?
Any photographer or videographer worldwide.
Does my project need to be completed by a certain date?
The grant is intended to support projects through their final stages of publication or exhibition. While a project need not be finalized to receive the funds, it is our intention to review and present the work publicly by July 1, 2018.
What medium can be submitted?
Please submit stills and/or video only.
Can I submit a disk, URL or book for consideration?
No. The fund will only consider low-res files or a 2-3 minute trailer via FTP link.
Will I receive a notice that my online submission has been received?
Yes, you will receive an email confirmation within a few days of submission. If you haven’t received an email confirming your submission after a week, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If I win the grant, what rights will the fund want with my images/video?
The fund would like 5-10 images to use for promotional use to announce the winning grant and promoting the fund for one year, and archival website rights for B&D Fund only in perpetuity. Any additional use of content would require permission from the artist.